Femme Alien

Femme Alien
Click to view more makeup designs

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Red and Black Stripe Glitter Boots/Shoes Tutorial

I have been asked how I did my purple glitter shoes, and so I decided to take photos along the way while I make some red stripe glitter boots today!

Here are some pics of the purple glitter shoes I made a couple weeks ago:

I used the same process to make these red glitter stripe boots!


----------------------------------------------------------
You will need:

1. A pair of shoes (I got mine at a thrift store....wasn't sure how they would look with glitter, so I only spent $2 on them!!!)
2. Glitter ---- Make sure it is FINE glitter....not large pieces of glitter (fine glitter looks prettier and not clumpy)
3. Mod Podge
4. Two paint brushes ---- One small and one TINY brush
5. A silver sharpie marker (or any metallic marker that shows up on your shoes) AND a black sharpie
6. Patience!!!!

Here are some photos of my black boots before applying the red glitter!



Now its time to glitterfyyy!!!!!




STEP # 1:


Take your silver sharpie marker and make a dotted outline of your design! I chose to do stripes (sort of for the 4th of July!)   ----- there are some photos of the dotted lines in step # 3. Sorry I didn't take a photo at the very beginning!

--------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 2:


MIX a LOT of glitter into the mod podge (but you don't want it too thick!)
Then take your small sized paint brush and paint inside the dotted lines of the first stripe....and remember to COVER all the dotted lines! You can use tape to keep your lines straight if you'd like (instead of using dots)

Make sure you are using just enough to cover the area you want glittered....don't paint it on too thick.






The photos above show one shoe with wet mod podge glitter mix, and the other shoe is half dry.


 Above is a closeup of the wet mod podge/giltter mix.

Above photo is the first area I painted with the mix already half dry! Oh how the bright sun helps!!!! It dried in about 15 mins outside! You can also see my silver dots through the glitter!!! OH NO.....but that is OK because I will put on a second coat to cover them and any missed spots!


Let your first stripe DRY before starting a new stripe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


STEP # 3:

Continue painting in the lines of the other stripes....one at a time....letting one stripe dry before doing the next.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------


STEP # 4:

After all your stripes are completely dry, you can go back and put a second coat on all the spots where the glitter is too thin. Let dry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


STEP # 5:

Take your black sharpie and outline all the red lines (this just makes your lines look more staight)
You don't necessarily have to do this step, I just thought it would make my boots look a bit more finished and nice looking!


Also, I used a red sharpie marker and colored in all the white thread near the bottom of the boots.....this is something that is also unnecessary.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------


YOUR DONE!!! YAYYYY!!!!!

Here are some photos of my finished boots:






I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I'd love to see photos if you decide to try this :)

-Kalli/Bumzigana

No comments:

Post a Comment