Femme Alien

Femme Alien
Click to view more makeup designs

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Sequin Makeup Tutorial

Since yesterday was the 4th of July, I decided to do some fun makeup to match my outfit!

Things you will need:
1. Gold, light red, dark red, light blue, dark blue, and white eyeshadow
2. Pencil black eyeliner and black liquid eyeliner
3. Silver glitter liquid eyeliner
4. Black mascara
5. False Eyelashes and eyelash glue (preferably Ardell lash glue, and a cheap lash glue)
6. Red sequins (blue or silver will work too...or all three!)
7. Red and blue pencil (lip liner or eyeliner will do)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 STEP # 1:

I used a white shimmer pressed shadow under my brow. Plus I used some foundation to cover my eyebrows.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 2:

Take a light shimmer blue pressed shadow....blend it from the corner of your eye, up to the white, and cover most of the eye lid.

Then add some dark blue shadow in the crease and a little above the crease, and on the outer half of my eyelid. I first put it on like this, then blend it in like the photo below. I decided I wanted the light blue I put on first to be a little more vibrant...so I chose a medium color blue/turquoise for that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 3:

I used a light gold color (like above) then blended it with a light red/orange color like below.


Then used a true red color in the creases and above the creases, and also on the outer half of my eyelid (same method as the blue other eye). Blend, like photo below.





Both eyes will look like this after this step:
Ignore the eyeshadow that fell under my eyes. I cleaned that up with a makeup wipe!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step # 4:


Time to put eyeshadow below the eyes! Opposites! Red under blue, and blue under red! I used the same reds and blues under my eyes having the line come to a point about half an inch after the outer corner of my eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 5:

Eyebrows!!!


I used a red soft pencil (lip liner actually) for the blue eyeshadow eye. Starting with a line like above to define the bottom of the eyebrow....only extending the line to the arch of the eyebrow.

Then I make a line on the top of the eyebrow and fill in between.

Then I filled in the outer end of the eyebrow and finished if off with defining the inner corner of the eyebrow, like above.


I used the same method with a dark blue eyeliner pencil for the other eyebrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 6:

Then I lined the outline of the red and blue shadow on my eyelids with some silver glitter liquid eyeliner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


STEP # 7:

Take black liquid eyeliner and line your eyelid starting a little from the corner of your eye and extending it outward and up a little further then the blue and red shadow under your eye.


THEN make a second line under that like shown above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 8:

 I took some black false eyelashes and cut them in half. I used the inner half (the right half in the photo above)


...and glued them to the outer half of my eyelids right near my real lashes. (I used Ardell lash glue...it is the only glue that works for me.)



Apply mascara over your real eyelashes....and a little over the false lashes. Apply a bit to bottom lashes too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP # 9:

Fun with sequins!!!!

I had a roll of sequin ribbon that I cut a piece off of, and pulled off the individual sequins to use (15 total sequins).
Use and eyelash glue (probably not Ardell....I used a much cheaper eyelash glue that sucks for eyelashes but works amazing for gluing on gems and sequins! Got my cheap glue at the .99cent store) and make dots in any pattern you like around your eyes. My dots are too big, so make them about half the size. My glue came out too fast.


I started putting sequins on the outer glue dots....it was easier for me that way.

Then added some sequins around the other eye.

The cheap glue takes a bit to dry. This is what is should look like dry...no white glue coming through the centers of the sequins. More sequins around one eye makes the overall design more interesting to me!

Fix up your foundation and you are done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send me photos if you try this!

Here are some photos of the finished results:


Thank you for reading my tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment